Monday, September 5, 2011

Introduction and Thesis

Hello all, and welcome to The HSC with AB. In this, I'll be going through the HSC, or at least my courses.

But first, a little backstory. I have a real problem with studying. I have some trouble concentrating on one thing at a time, and if something is monotonous, so much the worse. During the month or so of study between the end of Term 3 and November 4 (my last exam), I need to buckle down and concentrate on two subjects a day, for three hours apiece, every day, according to my timetable.

You can see a problem here.

Hence, I need something that is productive but also doesn't feel like just reading from my study notes, compiling flashcards, doing practice exams, and so on. Thus, this blog is born.

So now we come to the purpose of the blog. I will be putting up interesting areas of study, picking out points of weakness, producing theses, analysing notes and exams: in short, this will be my own "study buddy" and record of work all rolled up into one big package. While it won't be my primary way of studying (that would be tantamount to suicide), I'm hoping it will be nonetheless an effective tool.

This, reader, is where you come in. This blog is more or less pointless without some sort of reader interface in which you can suggest ways to improve on notes I've made, introduce new lines of thinking, and, of course, criticise, criticise, criticise. In return, I'm hoping this blog will do the same for you. In the words of Mr. Gippel, 'A rising tide lifts all boats.' I'm hoping this blog will be at least a part of that rising tide.

We are no longer competing. So let us work together.

I'm hoping that through this blog, I will improve my study pattern, get better marks, and make it through the HSC. With any luck, this blog will make this coming month a more productive one. For me and for you.

To a brighter five weeks of study,
AB

No comments:

Post a Comment